Thursday, September 18, 2008

Volleyball!

Last night we had our international volleyball night, a neat tradition in which volunteers and other internationals living in Jerusalem and the West Bank gather once a week at the Mount of Olives for volleyball and fellowship. I have met so many amazing people, each here for different reasons. It is so nice to be able to take a break from life here and let down my guard. I realize that I am privileged to do this, as people here aren't able to take a break from their lives. But for my own health and well-being, this time with friends is so crucial. It is such a diverse group of people...people of all ages; from the US, Sweden, France, and Jerusalem; students, volunteers, pastors, interns...we have it all! I am so grateful for this group of people and am so excited to develop these relationships.

No comments: